Mid-Atlantic Dental Partners is a high-growth Dental Support Organization founded on the principle that high-quality dental care requires a three-way partnership between the patient, the dentist and their support organization. Our mission is to provide our clinical teams with the best-in-class non-clinical operations, allowing our clinical teams to focus all their attention on providing our patients with best-in-class treatment.
About the team:
Mid-Atlantic Dental Partners is looking for a passionate, highly professional Assistant Controller to join our growing team based at our corporate headquarters in Plymouth Meeting, PA. The Assistant Controller will be responsible for managing the month end close process, analysis and reporting for multiple related entities and developing productive, trusting working relationships with internal and external business partners. As part of a growing team and company, the Assistant Controller will also be involved in creating and implementing new systems, methodologies and best practices for Mid-Atlantic Dental Partners.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Oversee core accounting functions includingmonth end close, preparation of accurate and timely GAAP financial statements and informative variance analysis
- Review monthly account reconciliations and ensure accuracy
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for select entities
- Analyze and reconcile intercompany accounts to assist in preparation of consolidated financial reports
- Assist in preparation of cash flow forecasts in accordance with company policy
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop process improvements and ensure proper financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control and payroll
- Oversee payroll function, ensuring employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the external auditors as necessary
- Provide support for tax preparation for all filings
- Be involved in the strategic planning and other projects as we scale and build the company
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in accounting including 2 years supervisory
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Active CPA preferred
- Worked in fast paced high growth environment. Private equity a plus.
- Experience ensuring compliance with GAAP, tax and audit related requirements
- Strong analytical and business acumen skills
- Proficient in Excel including data analysis, pivots, vlookup
- Interest in process improvement, examining data and financial metrics to support the organization
- Willing to make commitment about the mission of Mid-Atlantic Dental Partners to be a catalyst for better dental care through best in class dental support operations
- Strong interpersonal skills (maturity, good judgment, diplomacy, and patience). Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Builds strong positive relationships with key stakeholders and manages strategic relationships, both internally and externally.
- Must be highly self-motivated, decisive, accountable, and able to use sound judgment and prioritize key issues.
Reporting & Start Date
- This role will report to the Controller
- Start date for this job will be immediate