Mid-Atlantic Dental Partners is looking for an
Orthodontic Assistant to work in an exciting, well-established practice, with cutting technology. Mid Atlantic is a dental support organization (DSO) founded on the principle that high quality dental care requires a three-way partnership between the patient, the dentist, their support organization, and that nothing is more important than our team. We are currently looking for a highly qualified
Orthodontic Assistant to join us. This position is located in Wilmington, De
• Communicate effectively with team members and patients
• Alginate impressions
• Pour up models
• Prepare patients for oral examination and assist clinicians in providing treatment
• Provide an exceptional patient experience
• Practice Universal precautions
• Co-chart with DoctorAssisted the doctor with patient care and treatment as bracket placement, direct and indirect bond of porcelain and traditional brackets, fit bands, remove cement from bands using hand scaler, change arch wires, deliver of orthodontic appliance as expanders, forsus, mara and nance appliance
Collected diagnostic, records as pictures, cephalometric, panoramic x-rays and charted treatment progress for each patient.
Counseled patient and parent the importance of oral hygiene, and care for their teeth while in orthodontic treatment. Maintained smooth flow of information via computer network and also performed sterilization techniques.
Give post-operative care instructions as prescribed by the orthodontic by demonstrating good oral hygiene, removable appliances, tooth brushing technique and questioning patients to ascertain home care status, instructing patient/parent in techniques of flossing and brushing in accordance with protocol
• Must have prior work experience as a Dental Assistant
• Associate degree or certificate from college or technical school
• X-Ray license required
Please apply via this ad.