Chief Financial Officer
Plymouth Meeting, PA
Mid-Atlantic Dental Partners is a growing regional dental support organization (DSO) founded on the principle that high quality dental care requires a three-way partnership between the patient, the dentist and their support organization. An effective DSO must enable the dental team to focus all their attention on their patients while taking responsibility for all of the practices’ non-clinical activities. These services include billing, collections, scheduling, clinical data analytics, group purchasing, marketing and assisting each practice in recruiting dental professionals. Mid-Atlantic Dental Partners is also committed to assuring each dentist clinical autonomy while improving the lifestyle of its dental partners and their staffs.
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the management of the all the company’s financial accounting and financial planning and analysis functions; banking, lending and compliance; regulatory compliance; acquisition due diligence and financial integration. Responsibilities encompass management of staff, outsourced resources, and financial systems; efficiently, and effectively controlling and ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of all financial functions, including, but not limited to the revenue cycle, expense cycle, cash flow, inventory and cost accounting, financial reporting, accounting operations, taxes, external audit, financial planning and analysis, long- and short-term strategic planning and other relevant tasks.
This individual will closely interact with all levels of the organization and work closely with operations to successfully provide vision, values and culture leadership, and build investor value. This position interfaces with the CEO, Board of Directors and the Audit Committee of the Board as well as our lenders, auditors and tax advisors. This a fast-growing company and the candidate must be experienced at handling a high pressure, hands on, ever changing work environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manages all financial staff, including hiring, performing evaluations, orientations and employee relations.
- Oversees the activities of the Corporate-wide Accounting functions for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports, including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and external audits.
- Manages financial planning and analysis to ensure accurate and effective budgeting and forecasting for short and long-term horizons, ensures credible and easily comprehended analysis of actual results relative to plans/forecasts utilizing key performance metrics that have been approved by management and accessible in a data warehouse.
- Leadership role in goal setting, process design and preparation of the Strategic Plans, Long-Term Forecasts, Annual Operating Plans consistent with Strategy and Budgets tied to such plans, as well as routine Latest Estimates.
- Ensure corporate income tax compliance and the accurate and timely completion of all corporate, state and local income and non-income related tax returns.
- Establish and maintain effective, efficient electronic and manual data processing, storage and retrieval systems, coupled with policies, procedures and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
- Provides analytical decision support to operations and other key management.
- Participates in cost analyses, rate studies, contract pricing, and proposal responses.
- Assists in weekly monthly results estimates reporting/monthly forecasting.
- Direct and maintain favorable relations with the investment community and the company’s funding sources, including the company’s equity investors and lenders.
- Participates in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports that involves frequent communications with senior management.
- Leadership in line with culture
- Health care experience preferred
- Effective resource management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid analytical and organizational skills
- Effective internal control, documentation and management skills
- Audit and tax efficient execution and coordination
- Strong internal customer service orientation
- Ability to distill the operant variables from operating and financial metrics
- Leading financial planning, analysis, key performance indicator integrity and data warehouse, decision support analysis functions
- Experienced leader in Strategic Planning, Annual Operational Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting.
- Adaptability, initiative and problem-solving skill sets
- Team orientation within areas of responsibility and across the organization
- Skilled at multi-tasking and prioritizing assignments
- Maintaining Confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with 10+ years of progressive financial and management experience in a for-profit environment. Requires computer knowledge of MS Office, EXCEL and cloud-based accounting systems. Experience in financial systems and processes design and implementation, cash-to-accrual accounting conversion, and acquisition integrations, is required.
- CPA certification strongly preferred. Prefer public accounting experience of 5+ years coupled with progressively increasing levels of responsibility and experience in post-public accounting career.
- Prior Private Equity reporting experience strongly preferred.
- Open and candid style. Strategic thinker and leader. Strong teamwork skills. Decisive. Analytical. Results-oriented. Personal and professional integrity.
- Willing to work long hours handling the financial details while positioning the financial team for rapid growth.
Please apply through this site.
914 953 7126